Wednesday 5 December 2007

COLLECTING HISTORY

Since boyhood history lessons were my favourite and strong field raising my GPA the easy way.
Gradually I understood that history as a carreer was not going to pay my bills (espacially the way I live..) so I turned myself unwillingly away from history and studied journalism and marketing in order to work and earn a living.
After years they all came back to me. I come from Crete an island that was the theater of fierce battles and heroic deeds.
As I was wandering the streets of Heraklion I entered a shop selling among others staff from the german paratroopers landed in Crete 21/5/1941.
It was the battle of Crete as it is called that arouse my history loving insticts and drove me to follow again my old passion for history.
I started to gather staff from my family which is taking part in battles since the middle ages.
I have created a very small collection that I am very proud of, especially since I do not have the luxury to spend huge ammounts of money in it.
I hope you will find my views and info interesting reading my blog. Your commnets are more than welcome!

No comments: