Wednesday 9 January 2008

New Items on my Collection

In my quest for new items for WWII Nazi and Allied war memorabilia and other objects that revive the heroic era of the Battle of Crete I have managed to acquire the following items :
1) An excellent condition Wehrmacht belt (buckle and original leather strap). The buckle is not zinc or aliminum but steel.
2) An original Armelband KRETA. This cuff decoration was awarded to all those took part in the Battle of Crete from the German forces. The cuff is not in a very good condition, mostly a bit dirty, but it is orgiginal beyond any doubt.
3) An excellent cigarette card collection book named Die Reichswehr. The german army was named like this before 1933 and this book which is in perfect condition was used to collect beautiful hand painted cigarette cards depicting German army themes. Perfect.

Also I have found a Luftwaffe clasp, which I want to buy soon, together with another armelbands bearing the titles AFRIKA and Britisches Freikorps.
If you have any additional info on Britisches Freikorps please contact me as I am a little sceptical on the item. I have found some historic relevance yet I am not yet convinced...

No comments: