Saturday 22 March 2008

British Freikorps

I have recently tracked down a very interesting collection of Armbands in a trader that I trust completely, he is in an isolated place and the possibility of faking any german WWII item is more costly than finding and selling originals.
Anyway, as this trader is located in the island of Crete he has access to relics left from German occupation which lasted quite long.
This collection includes a AFRIKA Luftwaffe armband, a Cufftitle AFRIKA with Palms and an interesting and controversial Britisches Freikorps armband.
I will buy the whole of these items plus a beautiful Luftwaffe rescue/observation/meteo personel clasp yet I am considering the case of the Freikorps.
Possibly it belonged to Courlander or someone of the captured ANZAC personel.
I will soon post the photos of my collection.
Please I will appreciate any ffedback concerning the items mentioned or the items that I will soon upload.

No comments: