Sunday 16 March 2008

The Cretan State and the New Order

As I mentioned in a previous comment, my views on the Cretan State, a state that for a brief period existed in the island of Crete are all for the re-enaction if possible.
I received with pleasure a new comment on my views that was totally against this reenaction reminding me that the inhabitants of Crete gave their blood for the union with Greece, plus that the union agreement document exists in the historical museum of Heraklion and I can visit the museum and be informed.
I have no objection and it is absolutely certain that such a document exists.
Let me state that more than one of my ancestors served and gave their blood and life for Greece.
Also I am fully aware that the conditions in international relations are far more complex that of the early 20th century.
However I must express my strong belief that the disband of the Cretan State was planned and carried out by E. Venizelos whose historical decisions are not all to be accepted unquestionably.
This mistake to make "saints" some politicians is done all the time by the greek state and as a consequence we are coninuously losing ground in the international politics and in the diplomatic field as we are not accepting our historical mistakes and we are not learning out of them.
The disband of the cretan State and the union with Greece offered greece funds, army and resources in a difficult time.
The new conditions must be examined and cretan politicians (if any...) should consider the wealth the island is producing and what is taking back from the state...
Therefore we must be openminded (especially now that the international diplomatic conditions like Kossovo allow...).
As for the plan of the jews and the Americans I would strongly suggest to provide stronger and newer points as these are getting old and were never ever proved true...

No comments: